Watermelon is one fruit that should not be scarce in any home. The reason is that, it has so many health benefits and nutrients.Nutrients like, beta-carotene, vitamins A, B1, B6, and C, potassium, magnesium, biotin, copper, pantothenic acid, and more. It is also a great weight-loss tool since it has an incredibly puny calorie count- only 30 calories in a 100-gram serving. Even the seeds and the rinds have health benefits!
Let’s get to business; the health benefits.
1. It cleanses your kidneys of toxins and give your body a chance to kill off unwelcome bacteria.
2. It clears excess ammonia out of your liver, which is a good step in a total body detox program.
3. Watermelon-seed tea helps to treat kidney stones. Crush up a tablespoon of watermelon seeds, throw them in the cup, and then pour some boiling water over them. Let it steep and cool off for a few minutes, then enjoy.
4. The water and fiber content make it a great cure for constipation. Take it moderately.
5. Studies have found that L-citrulline, an amino acid that watermelon abounds with, can reduce blood pressure, relax arteries, and improve blood circulation.
6. The rind out is very useful, you can rub it on your skin. Nutrients in the rind have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Thus, pimples and skin fungi can be treated with the rind of a watermelon.
7. Watermelon’s alkalinity and high water content make it effective at washing out gout-causing uric crystals.
8. Watermelon is a good anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
9. Watermelon has a soothing effect on your stomach.
10. Watermelon is high in Lycopene, a carotenoid that is important to overall cardiovascular health. Lycopene is at its peak levels in watermelon just after the fruit ripens to a white-pink color.
You can see these amazing benefits, eat watermelon regularly.