Coffee is enjoyed by millions of people every day despite the negative perception about it and the 'coffee experience' has become a staple of our modern life and culture.A research which was published by the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), found that the potential benefits of moderate coffee drinking outweigh the risks in adult consumers.
Researchers at Ulster University systematically reviewed 1,277 studies from 1970 to-date on coffee's effect on human health and found the general scientific consensus is that regular, moderate coffee drinking (defined as 3-4 cups per day) essentially has a neutral effect on health, or can be mildly beneficial.
The review was used to create an exhaustive list of the potential health benefits and risks of coffee consumption on the following health outcomes:
- Coffee helps someone to lose weight.
- Coffee may help curb certain cancers.
- Coffee may lessen your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Coffee can enhance exercise performance.
- Coffee curbs depression.
- Coffee is healthy for your heart.
- Coffee helps someone to be mentally alert.
The Disadvantages/risks involved in drinking coffee
- If you have high cholesterol please choose filtered coffee.
- Coffee for kids, may increase bedwetting.